– long term impacts of various forms of utilitarianism
– Artificial Intelligence
– Reducing suffering in the long run and in the short term
– Practical ethics
– Pre-implantation genetic screening to reduce disease and low mood
– Lives today are worth the same as lives in the future – though uncertainty must be brought to bear in deciding how one weighs up the importance of life
– The Hedonistic Imperative and how people react to it
– Correlation to high hedonic set points with productivity
– existential risks and global catastrophic risks
– Closing factory farms
– Veganism and reducitarianism
– Red meat vs white meat – many more chickens are killed per ton of meat than beef
– Valence research
– Should one eliminate the suffering? And should we eliminate emotions of happiness?
– How can we answer the question of how far suffering is present in different life forms (like insects)?
Many thanks for watching!
– Support me via Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/scifuture
– Please Subscribe to this Channel: http://youtube.com/subscription_cente…
– Science, Technology & the Future website: http://scifuture.org